Wednesday, March 6, 2013

puppy, puppy

Moments from today:
-Jackson trying to pluck out the eyes of some rather unfortunate stuffed animals (he tries to go for my eyes too, does that make it more normal?)
-reading our very first board book: "Puppy, Puppy" to which he became bored within moments and decided instead to *toot* on me instead
-getting wildly excited to lay under his playmat swatting away at the multi-colored rungs, only to then be overwhelmed by the multi- colored rungs, become overstimulated, and start crying hysterically
-watching mommy eat a few too many chocolate chips: instead of making intended chocolate chip cookies for neighbor who did a rather neighborly thing i aught to award with aforementioned chocolate cookies.. *oops

ahh yes.. its wednesday, and it marks the middle of the week ! It is amazing that there are still so many 'firsts' with my little bumba every single day. . last night was a first I will not so easily forget: Jackson's first baby giggle.. (!)

The Hubs and i were staring down at our lil' chap when all of a sudden Jackson let out an unwarranted shriek! Apparently the shriek loosened things up, because out of nowhere, Jackson subsequently let out his very first series of giggles.
 
 I have heard an occasional laugh here and there in singular occasion, but this was the first full on gigglefest. I am afraid it was because he was staring at a shadow on the ceiling that he found wildly exciting, but either way: there is was: like the tinkling of bells: our little boy giggling.  It is moments like that that I am overwhelmed with pure momma mush and I am surprised i did not turn into a giddy puddle on the floor! 


.....and then this is when I realize how very lucky I am...how my life is forever altered, and how my dreams are coming true with this little bundle.. suuuuuure, he is not sleeping through the night and i wake up looking like something out of a horror movie.. but then he giggles.. and i realize, life will never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment